The Oklahoma Military Hall of Fame (OKMHF) and the Oklahoma Career Tech Centers (AKA VoTech) have partnered to provide an opportunity for Veterans to “tell their story” of military service for the record. The initiative will document their experiences on video, produced and directed by the State’s Career Tech Centers. Students at those Centers across the State will conduct filmed interviews and produce finished products for entry in the statewide Veterans Film competition. The OKMHF will recognize the winners and award cash prizes. This inaugural competition will begin with this school year and run until the end of the semester. It is anticipated that this initiative will continue in the coming years.
See what Oklahoma veteran supporters of the Film Competition have to say about the effort by going here.
To help students prepare for veteran interviews, the following aids are offered:
- Students are encouraged to download this brief guide to help in better understanding military service: Veteran Service
- A brief guide for conducting veteran interviews may be downloaded here: OVFC-Campaigns-Interview-Questions-1 (1)
- A more extensive list of possible interview questions may be found on this site by clicking here.
- Students and teachers seeking contact information for veterans to interview and Oklahoma veterans organizations should go here.
- Here a link to the Film Competition promotional film you may copy to send to others: OVFC Promo 2021_1080p on Vimeo
See the promotional film here:
The following films have been produced by student participants in the program. For more information, message us at email@example.com.